At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations.
We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else.
We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
Baffinland is currently looking for a Site Services Supervisor who is responsible for installing, operating and maintaining all electrical systems owned and/or operated by directing the day to day activities of the Site Services team, including recruitment, planning and training. Also, this position is responsible for operation of the water treatment facilities, waste management, maintenance of the site roads and airstrip, operations and maintenance of the power generation & reticulation and electrical maintenance of all equipment on site.
Please note: this is a permanent position requiring a 2 week Fly - In, Fly-Out Rotation
•Ensure that all work is performed in a manner that conforms to all site safety policies and procedures, recognizing personnel who consistently meet or exceed expectations
•Develop safe work procedures and and provide technical/operational input into maintenance procedures and systems to maximize reliability of power generation and reticulation systems at site
• Assist in the development and implemetation of strategies and operating plans for the site services group, that take into account targets and related actions for improvement in incident prevention, environmental performance, production, output quality, production costs, and capital expenditures.
• As driected by the Site Service Superintendent, assist in the recruitment and personnel traiing for the site services department
• Schedule personnel rotation, performance reviews, administer vacation and disciplinary issues in accordance with BIM policies and standards.
• Analyze trends in equipment maintenance needs including breakdown, preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, mean time between failure and mean time to repair.
• Identify increasing maintenance costs for pieces of equipment and if merited participate in preparing cost justification reports to support sustaining capital expenditures to replace items.
• Analyze trends in safety, environment, maintenance and quality performance, as well as the consumption of resources, and implement actions to address negative variances, or to take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
• Monitor the performance of those doing the work, and take action to improve the capability of the team to meet future needs through the development or selection of personnel.
• Monitor production performance to ensure that processes are in place both to maintain department and equipment to sustain/build productive capability, and to meet the targets outlined in the Business Plan.
• Build the capability for continuous improvement while balancing the allocation of resources to optimize the treatment of all inputs from the ‘supplier’ and meet quantity and quality output requirements for the internal and/or external ‘customer’.
• Contribute to the LOMs plans by contributing to the 5 year plan as it relates to cost reduction and sustaining capital requirements.