At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations.
We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else.
We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
This role is an Open Posting. Open Postings do not reflect current workforce requirements. However, Baffinland collects applications from interested parties on an ongoing basis, and utilizes these applications when vacancies become available
Heavy Equipment Service Technician/Mechanic
Heavy Truck & Trailer Service Technician/Mechanic
Automotive Service Technician/Mechanic
Oil Heat Systems Technician/ Oil Burner Mechanic
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician
Parts/Tool Crib Coordinator
Senior Warehouse Technician
• Perform all tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
• To follow all procedures and policies as set by the company.
• To fill out all forms required for daily operation of an assigned unit.
• To follow the Safety Plan as specified by the company and to accept the training to do so.
• Perform pre and post-operational checks of equipment as well as assisting and performing other duties
Registered & Non Registered trade tickets accepted. Red Seal Journeymen tickets are preferred.