At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
Supervise, be accountable for, mentor and develop a safe and efficient work force to meet maintenance schedules as provided. Provide daily management of crusher maintenance within the crusher sector.
• Daily Management of Crusher Maintenance within the Crusher Sector
• Monitor condition of the crusher operation and ensure preventative and predicative maintenance of all equipment and infrastructure as directed and advise and act on areas to be improved while ensuring compliance to all applicable work standards.
• Ensure urgent breakdown repairs are attended to adequately and in a timely manner.
• Carry out structured routine inspections, observations, and any other initiatives as directed in cooperation with Crusher Operations as required.
• Actively promote full cooperation between operations and maintenance.
• Identify opportunities for continuously improving of maintenance processes and systems.
• Complete reports and record keeping as required and communicate effectively with all other sections and contractors.
• Perform QA/QC assessments to identify gaps and put control measures in place for correction of all deviations to procedures and standards.
• In conjunction with Maintenance Planner identify and order all parts required for all maintenance activities, ensure compliance to budget.
• Report and track employee’s hours while maintaining records of all hours worked under employees under your direction.
• Monitor equipment KPIs, perform safety and quality control inspections, put measures in place to improve quality of work being performed and measure improvements.
• Communicate with the maintenance planners regarding parts requirements, task duration, input schedules and accurate equipment information.
• Carry out daily tool box talks, safety meetings, routine and statutory inspections, root cause analysis and planned task observations as directed.
• Participate in development, implementation and adherence to safe work procedures and promote high safety, health and environmental awareness and compliance to all standards.
• Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence and quality to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
• Assist in preparing scopes and monitoring performance to plan. Advise and implement corrective measures.
• Ensure effective communication with all other supervisors, especially during shift and rotational changes.
• Work with planning to ensure compliance to planned maintenance schedules, obtain and create service reports, close work orders, create requisitions and any other functions required to maintain compliance to plan, manage equipment backlog and track all work performed by employees under your direction.
• Investigate non-conformances/compliances thoroughly and administer disciplinary action when required in conjunction with the management group.
• Ensure all safety systems on all equipment are operating correctly; perform PM inspections to ensure quality maintenance practices and operation as designed.
• Welding and fabrication experience required with an emphasis on equipment, structural, ground engaging tool maintenance best practices, procedure development, and compliance.