At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
Supervise, be accountable for, mentor and develop a safe and efficient work force to meet maintenance schedules as provided. Provide daily management of crusher maintenance within the crusher sector.
• Ensure that all work is performed in a manner that conforms to all site safety policies and procedures. Recognize personnel who consistently meet or exceed expectations.
• Assist Power & Distribution planning group in the preparation of electrical maintenance plans for all electrical, control and power generation systems.
• Develop safe work procedures and provide technical/operational input into maintenance procedures and systems to maximize reliability of power generation at site.
• Assist or support during trouble shooting, find or propose solutions to solve problems
• Assist in the development and implementation of strategies and operating plans for the Power & Distribution group, that take into account targets and related actions for improvement in incident prevention, environmental performance, production, output quality, production costs, and capital expenditures.
• As directed by the Power Distribution Superintendent, assist in the recruitment and personnel training for the Power Distribution department.
• Schedule personnel rotation, performance reviews, administer vacation and disciplinary issues in accordance with BIM policies and standards.
• Analyze trends in equipment maintenance needs including breakdown, preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, mean time between failure and mean time to repair.
• Identify increasing maintenance costs for pieces of equipment and if merited participate in preparing cost justification reports to support sustaining capital expenditures to replace items.
• Analyze trends in safety, environment, maintenance and quality performance, as well as the consumption of resources, and implement actions to address negative variances, or to take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
• Monitor the performance of those doing the work, and take action to improve the capability of the team to meet future needs through the development or selection of personnel.
• Monitor production performance to ensure that processes are in place both to maintain department and equipment to sustain/build productive capability, and to meet the targets outlined in the Business Plan.