At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
• To be responsible on a shift by shift basis for making Safety paramount. Perform all tasks to a high standard to meet Standard Operating Procedures and Codes of Conduct.
• The ability to work alone and/or with a team while performing at the highest level of excellence.
• Achieve customer service level requirements, while working with other Baffinland departments, contractors and external Vendors.
• Liaise with production, Planning, maintenance, logistics personnel and external vendors for the best interest of the company.
• Be the first line of communication, for waiting on parts and stock out situations, provide recommendations for solutions and continuous improvement for proactive mitigation of Present shortfalls.
Compliance / Risk Management
• Demonstrate and promote a proactive commitment to health & safety, well-being and the environment while complying with all laws and company policies
• Be a positive Team player, provide an open voice and understanding ear. Bring new ideas and approaches to current work procedures.
• Communicate effectively with the Port & Logistics Team & production management to ensure the long term goals and targets are met. Support companywide initiatives to improve service levels to our customers. Participate in the development of new systems and processes required for the site. Be an active functional member of the Port & Logistics Team. Co-operation and input will be required in relation to team performance, site growth and planning meetings.
• Adhering to Principles and Values
• Upholds ethics and values, demonstrates integrity, promotes and defends equal opportunities, be part of a diverse team, encourage organizational and individual responsibility towards our customers and the environment
• Provide and show strong Math and Analytical skills
• Bring the highest level of excellence in attention to detail.
• Proficiency in spreadsheet software, inventory management tools and accounting applications.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
• Database management skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
Relating and Networking
• Establishes good relationships with customers and staff, builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization, relate well to people at all levels, manages conflict, and use humor appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
Applying Expertise and Technology
• Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise, develops job knowledge and expertise through continual development, shares knowledge with others, and uses technology to achieve work. objectives, demonstrate an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
• Strong Excel skills are required.
• Strong knowledge in SAP in MM modules and PM.
• Strong MRO Terminology & Mining environment background.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction, sets high standards for quality, quantity and productivities, monitors and maintains standards, works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way, consistently achieves work goals. While working under short time frames and demands.
Following Instructions and Procedures
• Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority, follows policies and procedures, keeps to schedules, arrives punctually, demonstrates commitment to the organization
Adapting and Responding to Change
• Present new ideas and initiatives for the growth and efficiency of the department and company.
• Adapts to changing circumstances, accepts new ideas and change initiatives, adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations, shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences, deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents
Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
• Works productively in a high pressure environment, keeps emotions under control during difficult situations, balances the demands of work and personal life, maintains a positive outlook at work, handles criticism well and learns from it
Health & Safety
• Must be conscious of potential safety issues at all times.
• A Health and Safety Policy is in place within Baffinland. Instructions regards safety given by the Health and Safety representatives must be followed at all times.