At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
Reporting to Ore Handling Superintendent. The Ore Handling Supervisor will work with their team to utilize the ore fleet to safely meet targets and maximize production on a daily basis. Maintain a safe and healthy work environment that meets Baffinland’s standards and organizational goals.
• Daily management of operations within ore haulage to port.
• Meet objectives and comply with; safety plans, incident reporting process, policy/procedure reviews, etc.
• Using practical judgment within the limits set by the Manager, to manage social problems as they occur.
• Mentor and provide performance feedback to team members. Coach and counsel employees on the standards of behavior, and take corrective actions as required including discipline.
• Provide input and work collaboratively with peers and other departments to achieve capital, production and/or maintenance projects/schedules.
• To provide leadership for the operations crew.
• To assess operators and to evaluate their training requirements.
• Required to report on production targets and daily performance.
• Fills in for the Mine Superintendent as required.