At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
Report to the Planning Superintendent, the Long Term Planner will plan longer-term strategies for crusher & fix equipment assessment, inspections, mid-life, and asset refurbishments working closely with Reliability and Maintenance on supporting Iron Ore Mining operation to maintain the life of asset cycle. This is a permanent position based at site with a 3 week Fly-In, Fly-Out rotation.
• Attend daily, weekly, monthly safety meetings and actively engage in safety culture.
• Understand the life and operations limitations of the components of the asset fleet. Working with Reliability build and maintain an effective system that monitors equipment work hours and indicates remaining life expectancy of machine components.
• Provide technical/operational input into maintenance procedures for life of asset to ensure operational readiness.
• Effective and thorough capability in the utilization of SAP maintenance management computer system.
• Collaborate with necessary department resources to develop work scopes, job plans, safe work instructions, parts lists for accurate plans for the scheduling and manpower forecasting yearly rebuilds of major assets.
• Attend daily, weekly, monthly planning meetings to review prioritizes for maintenance plans for long term actives with other operational departments and team members.
• Principle contact and liaison between the maintenance department and operations groups and ensuring assets have an accurate bill of materials for refurbishment and sealift inventory.
• Have a clear understanding of material and budgetary requirements for component change out and refurbishment to facilitate maximum asset uptime.
• Update maintenance strategies and review scope of work, realistic completion date, proper lead time, correct equipment identification, proper costing information, proper authorization, and discuss details with maintenance and operation groups when required.
• Actively participate in planning and scheduling meeting with operation partners to finalize priority of work orders for Mid-life and annual refurbishments.
• Continuously improve the job estimate, planning and scheduling by receiving feedback from maintenance supervisors, maintenance leads, production supervisors, engineers and production planners.
• Present relevant machine component detail to management explaining change out effect, cost and down time. Run a component change out calendar for customer equipment users and budgetary purpose.
• Understand our requirement for parts stocking on site. Build RFI’s as required. Request parts stocking changes for any under/over stock requirements.
• Audit planned work and long range job kits and ensure accuracy.
• Provide central planning function for all areas. (standard regulatory PMs, annual inspection PMs, NDT for all asset on site etc)
• Fill in for Short Term Planner and Scheduler as required.